Company: Cox Communications
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Job Title: Wireless Applications Architect
Contact: Trevor Harding: firstname.lastname@example.org
Wireless Applications Architect
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the architectural design of various applications as well as working with the development teams to ensure architectural consistency across a variety of projects that would enable the Cox Communications wireless product. Applications would include: customer facing, system abstraction and back office.
Design of J2EE, J2ME applications and relational database models for the wireless product.
The candidate will work with various cross-organizational teams of developers on a variety of projects relating to the wireless product.
- Work with lead developers and development management to design and implement various products based on business and technical requirements.
- Oversee development standards and the software development lifecycle.
- Participate in standards bodies.
- Ability to design and articulate new directions relating to IT infrastructures in support of wireless initiatives.
- Seven to ten years J2EE experience
- Seven to ten years J2ME experience
- Seven to ten years experience in data modeling
- Ability to define and articulate style standards
- Work independently with development teams on multiple inter-related projects
- Five to seven years experience working in Unix environments, preferably Solaris
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of GoF and J2EE Design Patterns
- Deep subject matter expertise with the entire software development lifecycle
- Deep subject matter experience working with Jakarta products such as Ant, Log4j, STRUTS, Common taglibs, Xerces and Xalan
- Demonstrated UML modeling techniques
- Excellent communication and peoples skills required
- Masters degree or combination of undergraduate degree and equivalent work experience required